Argon 18 Gallium frameset
Offering a stiffer front end and better control
A new design for 2011
Thanks to its lower bottom bracket and improved front lateral rigidity, the 2011 Gallium frameset exemplifies optimal balance and high performance.
The Gallium is built in the same mold used in manufacturing the Gallium Pro, and thus benefits from the Pro’s asymmetrical, extremely rigid chainstays and bottom bracket shell. There’ll be no energy wasted here.
• Intergrated concept: frame, Ga31 specific fork, Argon 18 ASP-6000 carbon seatpost and headset.
• New mold maximizing global stiffness: massive asymmetric chainstays, bulk bottom bracket and headtube areas.
• 3D Headtube.
• 6050HM Carbon composite.
• Monocoque fabrication optimized with Size-Specific Specs (S3) and Horizontal Dual System (HDS).
• Intergrated fork crown race.
• Innovative AFS GEOMETRY (lower bottom bracket and shorter headtube).
• Weight: Frame 1100g / Fork 370g / Seatpost 245g
• Bottom bracket shell with English thread.
• 31.6 seatpost diameter (ASP-6000 carbon seatpost included).
• 36.6 seat collar.
• FSA NO 62 (Bearing 1-1/4" Top 36/45 degree & 1.5" Bottom, 36/45 degree) + FSA TH-885 Compressor included.
• Braze-on front derailleur compatible with compact chainrings.
• CNC drop-out with replacement derailleur hanger.
• Better front end stiffness - more rigidity over a standard threadless headset arrangement, +5% at 10mm, +11% at 20mm
• More precise handling
• An un-compromised racing frame
• A position perfectly adapted to the individual's physique and riding preferences